Hello and welcome to the 547th installment of the SWD.
Military events/news are listed below by the governorates:
If you would like to support Syrian War Daily, please consider whitelisting or turning off your ad blocking software on the website.
Yekîneyên Parastina Gel’s (People’s Protection Units) Media Center stated that six elements of the Turkey-backed Free Syrian Army and the Turkish Armed Forces were killed and eight wounded in several operations conducted by the group in Afrin region. Full statement by the Media Center;
Within the scope of the second phase of the Resistance of the Age in occupied Afrin, our forces carried out two successful operations in the Afrin city center and its surroundings, targeting the Turkish invasion army and its jihadist mercenary allies. The details concerning the results of actions are as follows:
1. On September 13th, our forces targeted a joint patrol of Turkish soldiers and its jihadist mercenary allies on the road between the Tirinde neighborhood and the al-Maqla area, near the Afrin city center. As a result, two of the Ahrar al-Sham mercenaries, one of them called Mustafa Muhammad Ali, were killed, while three Turkish soldiers and one mercenary were wounded.
– On the same day, our unit targeted a patrol of mercenaries of the so-called Military Police in the Tirinde neighborhood in the center of Afrin. As a result, two mercenaries were killed and four wounded.
2. At the same time, one of our units carried out an action against the group of mercenaries in the Afrin city center. As a result, two mercenaries, Abdulrahman al-Kurdi and Fahd al-Darwish, were killed.
Rebel shelling of Al-Khalidiya neighborhood of Aleppo city reportedly killed one and wounded ten civilians, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency.
Large-scale demonstrations were held across rebel-held areas in Idlib, Hama, Latakia, and Aleppo governorates in support of the Free Syrian Army (and Turkey) and demanding the overthrow of the president of the Syrian Arab Republic, Bashar al-Assad. In Idlib, notable demonstrations were held in; Idlib city, Kafr Takharim, Maarat al-Numaan, Ariha, Jisr al-Shughur, Saraqib, Binnish, Khan Sheikhoun, Harem, Salqin, Darkoush, Taftanaz, and Kafr Nabl. In Hama, notable demonstrations were held in; Qalaat al-Madiq, Qustoun, Shir Maghar, Kafr Zita, Al-Lataminah, and Morek. In Aleppo, notable demonstrations were held in; Al-Atarib, Al-Bab, Azaz, Atme, Marea, Jarabulus, Dabiq, Akhtarin, Qabasin, Darat Izza, Afrin, and Jinderes.
Al-Jabhat al-Wataniya lil-Tahrir (National Liberation Front) blew up Al-Tuwaina bridge in Al-Ghab Plain region for the second time. Al-Tuwaina bridge was previously targeted by the group on 5th of September.
Syrian Democratic Forces made significant advances against the Islamic State on Al-Baghouz Fawqani front, reportedly capturing almost all of Al-Baghouz Fawqani village. Syrian Democratic Forces’ Press Office released a statement regarding today’s advances in eastern Deir al-Zour;
The battles and clashes between our forces and mercenaries (Daesh) continue in the framework of the battle to defeat terrorism, where yesterday witnessed violent clashes.
1. On the axis of Al-Bagouz Fawqani village, the mercenaries targeted the positions of our forces that had been liberated the previous day. The International Coalition carried out rocket attacks targeting mercenary artillery. The artillery of the Coalition also carried artillery shells at the positions of mercenaries. To destroy an armored military vehicle.
– During direct clashes on this axis, one of our fighters rose as a martyr.
– Yesterday evening, our forces carried out an attack on Al-Bagouz village and concentrated in 5 points, so that the fighting has moved into Al-Bagouz, and in these clashes one of our fighters was wounded.
2. On the axis of Sousse: military activities confined this axis to the mutual shelling of medium machine guns in the morning and afternoon hours, as our forces advanced and clashed with the mercenary face to face in the evening hours, resulting in the progress of our forces by 1 km, while the mercenaries returned the opposite attack, Car bomb and recovered the points that had been liberated by our forces, these clashes continued at night and our forces were able to achieve progress again and the expulsion of mercenaries inside.
3. This day’s battles led to the destruction of a command post in the village of Al-Shafa, the bombing of the air force, the killing of two mercenaries, the killing of 13 mercenaries in the vicinity of Al-Bagouz and the destruction of an observation post on the perimeter of the village.
SDF Media Center
14 September 2018
Approximate situation around Al-Baghouz Fawqani village. Source: SyriaInfo
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (Taliban) attacked an Afghan Local Police’s post in Chahar Bolak district, reportedly killing three and wounding seven elements of the police in the process.
Afghan National Security Forces killed seven and arrested four elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as seized several weapons depots and ammunition caches in Baghlan-e Markazi (Pul-e Khumri) district.
Afghan National Security Forces killed four and arrested ten elements of the Islamic State, as well as destroyed two vehicles and seized a vehicle in Pachir Aw Agam and Bati Kot districts.
Approximate situation in Nangarhar province (red = Afghan National Security Forces, blue = Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, and yellow = Islamic State), HD version of this map can be found here. Source: Afganistan Bülteni
Maidan Wardak Province:
Afghan National Security Forces killed two and arrested one element of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan in Saydabad district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan overran two Afghan National Army’s military bases in Maidan Shar district. Eight elements of the Afghan National Army were reportedly killed and three wounded in the encounter. Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan seized nine assault rifles and large quantities of ammunition from the two bases.
Afghan National Security Forces reportedly killed 29 and wounded two elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as destroyed a vehicle in Andar and Muqur districts.
Afghan National Security Forces killed 15 and wounded 21 elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as destroyed five motorcycles and two vehicles in Pusht Rod and Shib Koh districts.
Afghan National Security Forces killed six and wounded four elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as destroyed three bases and several weapons depots and ammunition caches in Tarinkot district. Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan reportedly killed seven and wounded six elements of the Afghan National Army, as well as destroyed three armored personnel carriers in Sarkhom area of Tarinkot district.
Afghan National Security Forces killed four and wounded one element of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as destroyed a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device, a motorcycle, and several weapons depots and ammunition caches in Washir and Nad Ali districts.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan’s snipers killed and wounded three elements of the Afghan National Army in Parchawi area of Nad Ali district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan’s improvised explosive device destroyed an Afghan National Army’s armored personnel carrier, killing two and wounding three soldiers in Khozo Obo Nawa area of Spin Boldak district.
CJTF-OIR announced a change in their publishing policy. Now one strike report will be published each week on Mondays.
Intellectual credited property used may vary from an edition to edition.
Feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section below, constructive criticism is welcomed.
Syrian War Daily is looking for individuals willing to contribute to the project. If you are interested in contributing, please fill out the form on this page.