Hello and welcome to the 556th installment of the SWD.
Military events/news are listed below by the governorates:
If you would like to support Syrian War Daily, please consider whitelisting or turning off your ad blocking software on the website.
’Wrath of Olives Operation Room’ executed an individual accused of being a double agent in the city of Al-Bab, northern Aleppo. Full Statement by the ‘Wrath of Olives Operation Room’;
With the escalation of the operations of our fighters against the Turkish occupation army and its mercenaries in Afrin, Idlib, Azaz and all areas of North Syria, a class of traitors dealing with the Turkish occupation army trying to work in a double way recently emerged, where they tried to deceive our fighters and work at the same moment with the Turkish occupation in the area and implement dirty operations against our people.
“We in the Wrath of Olive operation room have issued several statements in this regard. We have warned these traitors not to continue their work, and noted on more than once that our fighters are so careful that they can detect these games and hold the perpetrators accountable, but some of those mercenaries continued their attempts, they became a dirty tool in the hands of the occupation.
Among these traitors is Ahmad Zakaria al-Muhammad, who worked as a professional agent with the Turkish occupation in the area in collecting confidential information and the names of our civilians in Afrin in order to kidnap and commit crimes against them and carry out assassinations, in which he and a number of mercenaries caused many crimes against civilians.
Our fighters, who committed from the first moment to retaliate against the Turkish occupation and its tools, monitored the actions of the traitor Ahmad al-Muhammad and arrested him with the recognizable crime in al-Bab city. They took his confessions and killed him as a fair punishment for his dirty deeds on 16/09/2018.
We in the Wrath of Olive operation room renew our warning to the traitors and assure them that their attempts are open and will be held accountable sooner or later. We also confirmed that our operations will continue until the reconstitution of the civil courts in Afrin by their indigenous people and their self-administration after the expulsion of the Turkish occupation and its assistants, all the traitors we arrest will be arrested for their fair punishment.
Unknown gunmen threw two hand grenades in Al-Mashlab neighborhood of Raqqa city, wounding two civilians.
Unknown gunmen threw grenades and opened fire on a checkpoint of Al-Jabhat al-Wataniya lil-Tahrir’s (National Liberation Front) Ahrar al-Sham in the village of Al-Habit. Two elements of Ahrar al-Sham were killed in the incident.
Unknown gunmen killed a commander of Hurras al-Deen near Kansafra in Jabal al-Zawiya area. The killed commander was reportedly known as “Al-Siyaf”.
Syrian Democratic Forces clashed with the Islamic State in the village of Al-Shajil in eastern Deir al-Zour. Reports suggest that five elements of the Islamic State were killed in the clashes, while the CJTF-OIR conducted two air raids targeting Islamic State’s positions in the village.
Syrian Democratic Forces’ Media Center released a report regarding today’s encounters with the Islamic State in the governorate;
1- Al-Bagouz / Al-Shajil village:
– Sporadic engagement yesterday evening occurred in this axis, with movements of terrorists and the use of medium weapons, while the coalition Air Force carried out an air strike targeting them.
– On a parallel axis, opposite Hajin city, our forces engage with terrorists, and none of them was confirmed killed or injured while fleeing, leaving behind a 12.5- machine gun with quantities of ammunition seized by our fighters.
– Morning hours of this day, our forces advanced in the vicinity of AL- Baguoz, established several defensive fortifications to protect the town, and engineering teams searched for mines, where 30 mines were dismantled.
– The movement of a terrorists mechanism was observed, while the coalition aircraft carried out a raid on a military vehicle of the terrorists and destroyed it completely, as well as targeted our forces a site machine gun for terrorists and destroyed.
– Our forces continued to comb the town and its surroundings, and took the result of the quantities of individual weapons machine and ammunition.
2- Sousse axis
– This axis witnessed intermittent engagement last night continued until dark.
– At night our troops engage with terrorists face to face and made 1 km progress, liberating many of the points they were stationed in.
– Mines were a real challenge for our troops as terrorists laid mines in abundance, with engineering teams dealing with dozens of mines and dismantling them.
– In this axis, our forces targeted the movements of terrorists and confirmed the killing of three of them, and the coalition aircraft carried out four raids led to the destruction of terrorists tunnel, killing 8 of them
3-the outcome of engagement and battles on all axes:
– Edit and secure an area of 2 km long and 1.5 km wide and 2.7 km 2
– Implementation of 6 air strikes
– terrorists killed/11/
– military vehicles were destroyed, one with a machine gun
– The dismantling of 34 landmines
SDF Media Center
Unknown gunmen killed two elements of the Syrian Democratic Forces near the village of Al-Shuhail in eastern Deir al-Zour. According to the reports, the gunmen belong to an Islamic State’s sleeper cell.
Situation in eastern Deir al-Zour. Source: Emmanuel
Afghan National Security Forces killed 13 elements of the Islamic State in Dara-I-Pech (Manogi) district.
Afghan National Security Forces killed eight and wounded three elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (Taliban) in Tagab district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan wounded Afghan National Army’s commander Abdul Karim and an element of the Afghan Local Police in Shehbaz area of Pashtun Zarghon district.
Afghan National Security Forces killed four elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan in Andar district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan ambushed and killed three elements of the Afghan National Security Forces in Hazar Tak area of Shahr-e Safa district.
Afghan National Security Forces killed three and arrested four elements of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as well as destroyed 13 fighting positions and defused 16 improvised explosive devices in Garmsir district. Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan killed five and wounded two elements of the Afghan National Security Forces, as the latter was arriving in Takhta Pul, Nawi Killi, and Khara Ko areas of Garmsir district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan ambushed and killed three elements of the Afghan National Army in Seydano area of Jerashk district.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan ambushed an Afghan National Army’s patrol in Tanwchi area of Shah Wali Kot district, reportedly killing two soldiers.
CJTF-OIR announced a change in their publishing policy. Now one strike report will be published each week on Mondays.
Intellectual credited property used may vary from an edition to edition.
Feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section below, constructive criticism is welcomed.
Syrian War Daily is looking for individuals willing to contribute to the project. If you are interested in contributing, please fill out the form on this page.